Saturday, September 17, 2011

Audiomuse

I've written about my painting/creative process over on The Happy Sensitive, and how, I've recently been painting to music. Nothing new about that. But, I've found it's pretty hard to find the right kind of music. I mean, it needs to be music that inspires and resonates, but not the kind that makes you wanna lounge, or drown in it, or wish you were a better person (yes, some music does that, don't ask me how they do it). So it's been a long long time since I remember finding a band that remained fresh everytime I heard it, that stirred something prompting me to paint, and that is danceable too (too much sitting will kill you). So, here's the first of a series painted to the music of Audiofeel. I'm still experimenting with the power of shapes, lines and colours...how far can you pull the canvases apart without destroying the overall image? (I need a camera with more Zoom!)


O, acrylics on 2 canvases of 50 cm x 70 cm, september 2011


O (separated), acrylics on 2 canvases of 50 cm x 70 cm, september 2011


1 comment: